Cosmelan is the most advanced medical treatment available for Melasma. It’s highly effective, yet gentle formula treats all types of hyperpigmentation, including pregnancy masks and photo damage.
Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel At Skin Envy Austin
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a unique, multi-ingredient chemical treatment designed to reduce areas of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation. Melanin is responsible for creating the skin tone, as well as splotchy areas of darker tissue. The Cosmelan Peel decreases the skin’s natural melanin production by inhibiting certain enzymes, providing an even complexion.
A Cosmelan Peel can be used to improve the look of facial skin, the abdomen, legs/hands, and the breast/nipple area. Dull skin, dry areas, dark spots, blemishes, and acne scars can be significantly reduced with the peel. Discoloration due to Melasma (Brown to gray patches over the bridge of the nose, cheeks, chin, and elsewhere on the face and body; often the result of hormonal changes) and Cholasma (similar to Melasma; referred to as the Mask of Pregnancy) can be minimized with the Cosmelan Peel. In addition, the peel balances the skin’s oil production to improve acne.
The Ideal Candidate for a Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel
As the Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is safe for all skin tones and ethnicities, anyone looking for a fresher, more even complexion can make a potential candidate. The ideal patient will fully understand the Cosmelan Chemical Peel process and the requirements for follow up care. They should also be in overall good health, and hold realistic expectations for their results. The benefits and risks of a Cosmelan Peel will be further discussed during the initial consultation appointment.
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel Procedure
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a two-step process. The first part involves an in-office application of a stimulating mask; part two is the continued application of specific Cosmelan products from home. The initial treatment will take less an hour in the Skin Envy office.
Step 1: The In-Office Mask
- Skin is cleaned and prepped.
- Cosmelan mask is applied in a thick layer.
- Mask may lightly sting upon application, but will quickly dissipate.
- Depending on the level of correction needed, the mask must stay on between six and twelve hours.
- Patient is instructed on when and how to remove the mask at home.
- An after-care kit will be provided.
Step 2: The Home Care Regimen
- After the specified time, the Cosmelan mask is removed with a gentle, neutral cleanser.
- Immediately, the Mesoetetic Hydra-Vital Factor K is applied to comfort the skin and protect moisture.
- Peeling generally begins two to three days after the mask’s application.
- Cosmelan II cream should be applied two to three times a day for two weeks.
- After the first 14 days, Cosmelan II can be applied once daily.