What is Revanesse Versa?
Revanesse Versa is hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that is found within the body. It may be produced by bacteria and purified for use as injectable soft tissue filler in order to correct the appearance of facial wrinkles and creases, (nasolabial folds). The product is approved for use in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration for the cosmetic treatment of facial wrinkles and creases.
VersaTM is a remarkably homogenous filler due to our advanced wet milling technology and proprietary formula. This means that our particles are uniquely spherical and uniform, providing the perfect balance between smoothness and volume.
The spherical particle shape is developed to be accepted by the body and breakdown slowly over time. For added longevity, VersaTM exclusively uses premium quality HA with a notably high molecular weight.
Are there any warnings I should be aware of?
If you have an adverse inflammatory reaction, such as redness, pain and swelling that persist for one week or more after treatment with Revanesse Versa, you should report this immediately to your doctor. If you are under the age of 22 you should not be treated with Revanesse Versa.
Are there any reasons why I should not (contraindications) receive the Revanesse Versa injection?
You should not be treated with Revanesse Versa if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding, as the safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- have a history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- have evidence of scars at the intended treatment sites
- have acne and / or other inflammatory diseases of the skin, such as rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis,
- have allergic history including:
- severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis),
- heightened immune responses to common allergens, especially inhaled allergens and food allergens (atopy),
- allergy to natural rubber latex,
- allergy to hyaluronic acid products,
- Streptococcal proteins or have plans to undergo administration of graded doses of allergens (desensitization therapy) during treatment with Revanesse Versa.
- have acute or chronic skin disease, such as seborrheic dermatitis or rosacea, in or near the injection sites, or any infection or unhealed wound of the face
- are under concomitant anticoagulant therapy, antiplatelet therapy, or have a history of bleeding disorders, clotting disorders such as hemophilia or connective tissue disorders such as systemic lupus erythematosus
You should never use Revanesse Versa in conjunction with a laser, intense pulsed light, chemical peeling or dermabrasion treatments, or with Over-the-counter (OTC) wrinkle products or prescription wrinkle treatments within 4 weeks (28 days) prior to treatment, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed before treatment.